Is there a list of vermin/pests?
dave
2009-11-22 21:51:03 UTC
Is there an official list of animals regarded as vermin in UK? And is vermin
the same as 'pest'? It seems to me that people call any animal they don't
like vermin. Thanks.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4628 (20091122) __________

http://www.eset.com
a***@aol.com
2009-11-22 23:55:35 UTC
Post by dave
Is there an official list of animals regarded as vermin in UK? And is vermin
the same as 'pest'? It seems to me that people call any animal they don't
like vermin. Thanks.
Magpies
Crows and Rooks
Jays
Grey Squirrels
Brown Rats
Woodpigeons
Feral Pigeons
Collared Doves
Rabbits
Starlings
Sparrows
Mink

This is as close as I can get to a list. But "vermin" is subjective.
They are wildlife persecuted on the basis that those in power see them
as a threat to certain economic and environmental interests.

The human infestation causes more harm than the lot put together.

If we don't class humans as vermin then we shouldn't castigate other
species.
http://www.eset.com
Malcolm
2009-11-23 08:02:41 UTC